[Using Sakai] is some one using sakai in a reverse proxy

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 11:31:56 PDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 11:55 PM, Sean Keesler
<sean.keesler at threecanoes.com> wrote:
> I'd drop the /portal.
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>        ServerName sakai.mydomain.com
>        ProxyPass         /  http://sakai.mydomain.com:8081/
>        ProxyPassReverse  /  http://sakai.mydomain.com:8081/
>        ProxyRequests Off
> </VirtualHost>
>
> This works for my setup fine.

That is exactly my problem I can not drop /portal I have 15 more
websites on it and / refers to some thing.You are not facing this
problem because you are serving it at /
and there are some page elements which are being served at /
if you do not believe me test it via some machine having a different
internet connection than where you have sakai and check via HTTP_LIVE
a firefox add on or use Chrome and press Control+Shift+I and you will
get the path that is requested by the client browser to GET request to
various elements of HTML which sakai has generated .
Sakai doucmentation does say that on lan you can access it as
http://localhost:8080/portal but they do not tell that some page
elements are generated not at /portal but at / and remains un noticed
until you explore further.

Can you share how are you using other Tomcat setups in this scenario
to serve the respective sites.
--
Tapas
http://mightydreams.blogspot.com