[Using Sakai] setting up a reverse proxy for sakai

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 02:44:45 PDT 2010

I have a working instance of sakai on one of our clusters.
We would like the user to be able to reach it via Apache Reverse proxy

  ProxyPass /sakai http://192.1681.5:9090/portal
        ProxyPassReverse /sakai http://192.1681.5:9090/portal

But when any one tries to reach the page from internet
http://mydomain.com/sakai they are not able to reach the CSS,Java
scripts ,images correctly.

which should not happen and be taken care by the reverse proxy

the request is not getting the correct response here are the apache
headers for the problem

>From a client browser on internet

following headers were recieved

http://pastebin.com/k54kDYAB

where as on LAN while accessing via IP:9080/portal the following
headers were recieved
http://pastebin.com/0BaEViH4

Is there any possibility I can change the context root of sakai from
/portal to /sakai
If yes then how let me know.

--
Tapas