[Using Sakai] Embed button in a rich text editor?

Nicola Monat-Jacobs nicola at longsight.com
Thu Jul 1 15:01:15 PDT 2010

Sure -

It's basically a top-level Sakai tool that you can plug into your Sakai course. It displays as 'iTunes U' in the left-hand menu. When students click on it, they are launched into a site in iTunes (U) that corresponds to that course (if ti doesn't already exist, it's created on the fly.

Permissions are integrated between Sakai and iTunes U - an instructor in Sakai has edit ability in iTunes U and a student only has read (as you would expect).

Obviously, to make all this work, you'll need an iTunes U account for your institution, plus you'll need to know, or share with your hosting provider ;), your iTunes U 'shared key'.

I know there have been some improvements to the tool lately, so I'm not 100% up-to-date on all the features, but it can definitely be a useful tool. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a lot of information out on Sakai's wiki about it that I can point you to.

Thanks,

Nicola Monat-Jacobs
Senior Technical Manager
The Longsight Group
nicola at longsight.com

On Jul 1, 2010, at  2:53 PM, Barb Kerns wrote:

> Would you please tell more about the iTunes U tool?
> Barb Kerns
>
> Director
> Instructional Technology
> Assistance Center
> Bradley University
> Peoria, IL 61625
> (309) 677-2332
> brk at bradley.edu
> http://www.bradley.edu
>

> On 7/1/10 4:51 PM, "Nicola Monat-Jacobs" <nicola at longsight.com> wrote:
>
>> There's also a sakai tool for iTunes U. It's not integrated with the FCK Editor, but it might make things easier for you.
>>
>> Nicola
>>
>> On Jul 1, 2010, at  2:49 PM, Katie Golus wrote:
>>
>>> Nicola,
>>>
>>> I found a couple articles on the movie plugin for FCK Editor in JIRA.  I think this might be what we've been looking for!
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Katie