[Using Sakai] How to publish Wiki into the home page

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Tue Jan 26 07:26:38 PST 2010

Just to add some limitations:

Currently the actual tools that are displayed on a sites homepage are not
customizable by the instructor, aside from the properties on the tools that
are there. To change an instructors home page an admin needs to edit it.
This is an open feature request of "Control over which Synoptic Tools appear
on Site's Home". [1] <http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-7946> If
implemented this would be useful to reliving support (which may be light in
some institutions) of doing this cusomization.

It was also requested as a feature at one time that wiki have a synoptic
view [2 <http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-5822>]. This is still an
open feature request. To really get what it seems like you're asking, this
would need to be implemented. There is additional information, comments and
workarounds on 'wiki on home page' in this link.

  [ Show »<http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-5822?focusedCommentId=56781&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#action_56781>]
 Harriet Truscott<http://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=hmtruscott>added
a comment - 07-Dec-2007
07:13 Don't know if it's of interest to you, Lance, but we've found that
actually, having the wiki half-size doesn't work well because people have a
tendancy to put in PDFs as links, at which point they have a very very
narrow PDF. We remove all the synoptic tools from the home page and leave
the wiki there in splendid isolation...
 [1] http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-7946
[2] http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-5822