[Using Sakai] Course designer control over Sakai home page look and feel?

Steve Lonn slonn at umich.edu
Mon Jan 25 05:57:45 PST 2010

Hi Marshall,

Fred Hofstetter at University of Delaware did some client-side programming to create hierarchical, collapsable menus in his Education Sakai sites using Dreamweaver and Ajax. You can review his slides from the Virginia Tech Conference (2008) here: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org//x/MAB8Ag

There really aren't any dynamic client-scripts built into the Sakai 2.x series, but there is a strong effort to make Sakai 3 more user controlled in terms of look and feel. You can contact your local Admins at Rhode Island and they can remove the synoptic tools on your site and replace them with your own webpage like Fred's (note that this customization will reset if you add/remove tools). Some implementations of Sakai do have templates, but they are usually institution-specific.

Hope that helps - Have a great semester, Steve

Steven Lonn, Ph.D.  -  Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Usability, Support, and Evaluation (USE) Lab, Part of the CTools / Sakai Team
Digital Media Commons @ The Duderstadt Center, University of Michigan
Ph: (248) 905-1566	AIM: simchasl	Web: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~slonn/