[Using Sakai] Sakai Documentation Redesign Call

Sean Keesler sean.keesler at threecanoes.com
Fri Dec 10 15:05:59 PST 2010

Post-call thoughts, posted before the weekend flushes them away forever:

At the end of the call we seemed to land on a goal of improving the
existing OOTB documentation (the source of which is the IU KB) for the
2.8 release. I think some ideas for next steps might include:

 - identifying a project lead (strongly suggested by Seth) that would
be the point of contact from this group to the TCC
 - identifying the sections of the existing OOTB docs we want to target for 2.8
 - assigning teams to create content for the project
 - identifying existing resources that a writing team could use to
improve those sections
 - writing teams revising the documentation, incorporating community
resources where available
 - teams reporting progress to the project lead
 - project lead reporting to the TCC (and the IU KB staff for inclusion?)

I suggest writing teams because I think that technical writing isn't a
great solo activity and that 2 working together could do more than 2
alone on separate sections. It also serves as a "self-QA".

Sean