[Using Sakai] Enhancements Process and Current Projects/Initiatives at Indiana University

Ward, Lynn E. leward at iupui.edu
Wed Apr 7 06:37:13 PDT 2010

Greetings,

As many of you know, Indiana University has a well-established, user-driven process for determining development priorities for Oncourse, which is the name of our local Sakai instance.   To ensure that our users are aware of the process, the Oncourse gateway page and our local knowledge base both include prominent links to a public document entitled Oncourse Enhancement and Development Process<https://oncourse.iu.edu/access/content/user/ocadmin/developmentcl.htm>.

Over the last year or so, we've been trying to make our enhancements process even more transparent to the University community by maintaining a public Google spreadsheet with information on the status of enhancements that have been proposed by faculty, staff, and students.  This Google doc, named Oncourse Enhancements Status<http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pFjEM2G863L5GBJfQteOpVQ&output=html>,  includes links to requirements and design documents, as well reports prepared for the Oncourse Priorities Committee, the faculty committee that determines priorities for Oncourse development.  Two recently posted reports may be of interest to members of the community.  The first, Report for the Oncourse Priorities Committee , Spring 2010<https://oncourse.iu.edu/access/content/group/949025e6-8b5d-4bf6-80fd-d64948854903/Public/OPC%20Report.7April2010.PDF>, describes major projects and initiatives currently underway at IU from functional, technical, and support perspectives.  The second is a summary of enhancement suggestions<https://oncourse.iu.edu/access/content/group/949025e6-8b5d-4bf6-80fd-d64948854903/Public/Oncourse%20Suggestions%20Quick%20Summary%202009%20Report.pdf> received from faculty, staff, and students during the 2009 calendar year.    We welcome comments, questions, and suggestions on the content in the reports or more generally about our enhancements process.

Best regards,

Lynn

Lynn Ward, Principal Systems Analyst, Academic and Faculty Services
University Information Technology Services<http://uits.iu.edu/>
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
Information Technology and Communications Complex (IT 225D)
535 West Michigan Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202
Phone: 317-278-5713  E-mail: leward at iupui.edu<mailto:leward at iupui.edu>