[Using Sakai] TA Permission question

Kara Stiles kara.stiles at rsmart.com
Mon Sep 14 10:15:13 PDT 2009

David,

I just recreated this and am experiencing the same behavior.

My TA role does *not* have site.upd, and the only gradebook permissions that are checked for the TA role in the site realm are gradebook.editAssignments and gradebook.gradeSection. Still, my TA is still able to make permission changes in the gradebook.

Just for testing fun, I removed the section.role.ta permission from the TA role in the site realm, which removed the ability for the TA to change permissions in the gradebook.

It looks like the very permission that identifies a role as a TA (section.role.ta) is the same permission that gives TAs the ability to make permission changes in the gradebook.

The ability to change permissions in most other tools is managed by the site.upd permission, but I don't think this is true with gradebook in 2.6.

Putting this conversation back on the list to see if anyone has any additional info about this...

Thanks,
Kara

Kara Stiles
Senior Functional Consultant