[Using Sakai] [DG: Teaching & Learning] Learning Activities Investigation: Adventures with Human Subjects Research

Robin Hill hill at uwyo.edu
Mon Oct 5 14:13:58 PDT 2009

In anticipation of these upcoming discussions, I urge all of us to
contact our Institutional Review Boards for clearance regarding this
research.

My university adopted stricter guidlines just a couple of weeks ago(!),
and I was surprised to find this project classified as Expedited (but
not Exempt) research, which mandates that I complete the CITI
certification and get consent forms before I conduct interviews.

I'm in the process of meeting those requirements right now, but they are
not trivial, and I'm glad that I filed our eleven-point proposal as soon
as I did, giving time for a revision.  I will share my text for the
proposal with anyone interested, if it helps you; it's mostly taken from
the web pages written by Keli and Jackie.  (You'll have to do the CITI
modules on your own!)

--
   Robin Hill, Ph.D.       hill at uwyo.edu       307-766-5499
   Instructional Computing Services            http://www.uwyo.edu/ctl