[Using Sakai] Migratin from Moodle to Sakai [Scanned]

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Fri Nov 6 05:15:11 PST 2009

Calvin--last month Robin Smith offered to do a Moodle/Respondus 4.0
phone tutorial with you to solve the initial export problem.  Did the
call take place?  Second, Boeta Pretorius from North-West University
also offered to speak with you.  Have you spoken with him?

Looking back over the list archives I see an email from you on 21
October reporting that "I have tried using Respondus 4 ,But it does
not seem to work."  What precisely did not work and what steps did you
take in your attempt to export your Moodle questions using Respondus?

What version of Moodle are you using?  What version of Sakai are you
using?  If you attempted to import questions into Sakai using Test and
Quizzes and the import failed, what was the error encountered and is
there a stack trace you can send us?  If you were able to export tests
out of Moodle using Respondus, can you send us a sample test?   It is
difficult if not impossible for people in the Sakai Community to offer
advice or solutions without knowledge of the specific context in which
you are attempting to operate.

GETTING LOCAL ASSISTANCE

If our suggestions on list are getting you nowhere I recommend that
you or your boss contact Psybergate and Tecqle, two South African IT
services organizations that provide an array of Sakai support
services.  I am confident that either organization can assist you in
your test question export/import challenge.

Psybergate: http://www.psybergate.co.za/opencms/opencms/psybergate-pages/home1.html
Tecqle: http://www.teqcle.co.za/

FURTHER READING

Moodle question export