[DG: User / Using Sakai] Sakai translation

Smriti Dev Verma smriti.dev at utoronto.ca
Mon Mar 16 07:26:01 PDT 2009

unsubscribe
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Boon Low
  To: sakai-user at collab.sakaiproject.org
  Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 11:04 AM
  Subject: Re: [DG: User / Using Sakai] Sakai translation

  UNSUBSCRIBE!

  On 6 Mar 2009, at 15:00, Hendré Page wrote:

    REMOVE US ALL FROM THE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Beth Kirschner <bkirschn at umich.edu> wrote:

      Hello,

      This is an unfortunate side-effect of the way information is stored in
      Sakai. Page titles (e.g. Welcome, About) are considered dynamic data
      that is stored in the database, not in properties files. You can
      modify these page titles by updating the SQL scripts prior to
      installation, but another approach would be to modify them using the
      admin tools:

      1) Log in as admin
      2) Select "Worksite Setup"
      3) Select the checkbox next to "Gateway" and select the "Revisar" link
      at top of page
      4) Select "Ordenar páginas"
      5) For each page title, select the edit icon and type in the
      translated page title
      6) Be sure to select "Save" when finished

      New worksites that you create will not have this problem, only
      worksites that are created at installation. "Mi Sitio" (My Workspace)
      worksites will not have this problem in the Sakai 2.6.x release,
      though the problem is still outstanding in Sakai 2.5.x (a patch to
      resolve this is pending).

      More information on localization is available at http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/oDo

      - Beth

      On Mar 6, 2009, at 7:05 AM, Emiliano Jankowski wrote:

      > Hi !
      >
      > I'm trying to translate sakai, but with no luck... I had put
      >
      > export JAVA_OPTS='-server -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=128m -
      > XX:MaxPermSize=196m -XX:NewSize=192m -XX:MaxNewSize=384m -
      > Duser.language=es -Duser.region=ES'
      >
      > But for instance, the home page has many options in English, like
      >
      >       • Welcome
      >       • About
      >       • Features
      >       • Sites
      >       • Training
      >       • Acknowledgements
      >       • New Account
      >       • Ayuda
      > on the left menu, and I looked into properties files, but I couldn't
      > find those titles. Also I couldn't find where is the property file
      > or something to let me change the home page title, now I have
      > "LocalSakaiName : Gateway : Welcome
      >

      > Thanks!!
      >

      > --
      > Jankowski Emiliano
      > Lic. en Sistemas
      >
      > http://ejankowski.blogspot.com
      > http://provincianito.blogspot.com/

  Scotland, with registration number SC005336.