[DG: User / Using Sakai] Permissions and !site.user

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Fri Mar 13 01:27:48 PDT 2009

Hi all. We have a doubt about permissions.

We have created the roles !user.template.registered and
!user.template.guest, so we can differ between official users and
external users. We though that these permissions affect only to the "My
Workspace" site of every user, because every course or project has their
own roles maintain and access, regardless of the user type.

However, when the users log in, the My Workspace site inherits the realm
!site.user, and this realm has the maintain and access roles, so the
global user type permissions (guest or registered) are crashing against
the My Workspace permissions (access or maintain). And we don't know how
the permissions work in this situation.

In the sakai_permissions.doc, there is written only a short description
of the !user.site realm. Does anybody know where could we learn more
about the permissions behaviour when there are crashes between roles?

Thanks in advance.
--
Daniel Merino
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
La inteligencia artificial nunca podrá competir con la estupidez natural.