[Using Sakai] Mms links & Internet Explorer

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Fri Jun 26 04:09:54 PDT 2009

Hi all.

We're experiencing problems publishing links to videos, with mms
protocol, in the Resources tool. We use Sakai 2.5.3.

We can see the videos correctly in Firefox 3, but the link fails in
Internet Explorer 7. We haven't tested IE8, but our users work with IE7
mostly.

For example, this link generated in Resources:

https://miaulario.unavarra.es/access/content/group/51e01b4c-ff31-4ad5-9f86-16cbab1bd48b/mms:__csie.unavarra.es_PinaA_chirlesan.wmv

works well in Firefox, but it doesn't in IE7, while the original link
(mms://csie.unavarra.es/PinaA/chirlesan.wmv) works fine in the two browsers.

I have browsed the Resources JIRAs and haven't found any ticket about
this issue. Does anybody know how could we solve it?

Thanks in advance.
--
Daniel Merino
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
Prefiero agitarme en la duda que descansar en el error. (Alejandro Manzoni)