[Using Sakai] Home Page Components [and Templates]

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Wed Jun 24 08:29:41 PDT 2009

Marshall:

As for the "!user" and "!worksite" templates, Steve Swinsburg had a
better explanation recently: http://sakai-ftd.optimizedlearn.com/
pipermail/sakai-dev/2009-May/001313.html

All the templates are stored in db in OOTB Sakai. You can log in as
admin user and view the settings from the Sites tool in his
MyWorkspace site. You can later copy those template for other user
type (e.g. !user.template.TYPE) or site type (!
worksite.template.TYPE) within that tool, and the results will be
saved into database, too.

By default, all course site creation would use the same template !
worksite.template.course. However, if you want more finer control of
template sites, here is one feature that just implemented, http://
jira.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-16419. However, this feature is
not in the 2.6 build.

On the other hand, you can always by pass all those default settings
in Worksite Setup tool, and customize your site creation via Web
Services calls approach...

Thanks,

- Zhen

Zhen Qian