[Using Sakai] Sakai's Editor

Steve Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Jun 23 08:46:02 PDT 2009

Hi,

Firstly, what version of Sakai are you using? Now to your questions:
1. When I paste a link into the Link box in the editor, even if it
includes the protocol, it will trim it and choose the right one in the
dropdown. Do you not get this?

2. The default styles can be adjusted, as Mark mentioned it actually
is FCKeditor so if you are familiar with the way styles work in FCK
then you can create your own and even have them as the default. Or add
more. You can also adjust the layout of the editor if you wish. This
will require some source hacking however.

2b. Can you send a screenshot of the styles not being applied in the
rendering of the page after you save? It works for me ok as a Forum
post (nightly2.sakaiproject.org, 2.5.x build)

3. Spellcheck not working is an issue with the editor, not Sakai. Even
on the demo page for the latest FCKeditor (http://www.fckeditor.net/
demo), the Firefox spell check doesn't work for me (Firefox 3.0.11).
FCKeditor now ships with its own spellchecker though.

cheers,
Steve

---
Steve Swinsburg