[Using Sakai] Administration use of Sakai: best practices?

Feliz Gouveia fribeiro at ufp.edu.pt
Tue Jun 16 16:25:27 PDT 2009

Mike,
We at UFP do use a lot. Resources, Announcements, Schedule, and News Feeds
take the lead. We do not have any special precautions regarding security, we
use the same instance of Sakai. We often get requests to "enroll"
automatically "all students of a given course", "all instructors of a given
department", "all graduate students" in administrative sites. When such a
 request comes, we create a script to periodically add people satisfying
those constraints to the sites. Some sites have been running for years, so
that we can have hundreds of announcements. It has been working well.

Feliz

2009/6/16 Mike Osterman <ostermmg at whitman.edu>

>  Hello all,
>
> We have ever-increasing adoption of Sakai for use in College
> administration. I'd like to get some feedback from the community so we can
> make a more ordered approach in supporting this use.
>
>    1. Does your institution use Sakai for communication with your
>    governing boards (regents, trustees, etc.)?
>       - If so, what extra precautions do you take with regard to security,
>       if any? One colleague has mentioned that they have a separate instance of
>       Sakai for administrative use, apart from their LMS instance.
>        2. What tools do you find most useful/relevant for administrative
>    sites?
>
> Thank you for any feedback you can provide!
>
> -Mike

Feliz Ribeiro Gouveia

Universidade Fernando Pessoa            http://www.ufp.pt
Centro de Recursos Multimediaticos      Tel 351-22.507.13.06
M.I.N.D. Lab                            Fax 351-22.550.82.69
Pr 9 de Abril 349                       fribeiro at ufp.edu.pt
P-4249-004 Porto