[Using Sakai] Internet Explorer Downloading files problem

Laura McCord mccordl at southwestern.edu
Tue Aug 25 11:19:31 PDT 2009

No, this is a suse linux os with tomcat. I think I may be able to fix it
using either of the resolutions described below:

    * http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ablxhelp/v8r4m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.abx.rln.doc/abx-r-relnotes-tomcatissues.html
          o Configure the BasicAuthenticator setting in Tomcat's
            application deployment file so that the
            securePagesWithPragma attribute is set to false. In your
            application's XML context, add the <Valve/> tag: <Valve
            className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.BasicAuthenticator"
            securePagesWithPragma="false" />
    * I setup my web.xml file like below but perhaps I need to revise
      this so everything is not forced through these constraints
      (http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-8179)

            <security-constraint>
                  <web-resource-collection>
                    <web-resource-name>login</web-resource-name>
                    <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
                  </web-resource-collection>
                  <user-data-constraint>
                  </user-data-constraint>