[Using Sakai] How can I create a course as non-admin user

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Wed Aug 19 09:28:36 PDT 2009

The permission that controls the "New" link in Worksite Setup is
"site.add".

There are several realm templates used for user creation via the "New
Account" tool in Sakai gateway page. You can find those templates
inside Realms tool within the administrator's workspace. !
user.template will be used if no user type is specified. !
user.template.registered is used if user type is "registered", etc.
Likewise, you can add your own "!user.template.USER_TYPE" realm(s)
suited for specific user type(s).

The .auth role within will be assigned to the newly created user.
Just make sure "site.add" is turned on if you want enable site
creation for this user type.

Thanks,

- Zhen