[Using Sakai] Sign-up list

Jeff Ziegler ziegler at umich.edu
Wed Aug 19 08:10:34 PDT 2009

At UMich we are running the Sign-up tool and are getting positive
feedback from users, but historically we've recommended creating a
simple sign-up sheet using the table macro in the wiki.  It's less
complicated for instructors to set up than the feature-rich Sign-up
tool and the history function of the wiki helps to assure that
students can't "steal" someone else's spot.

Jeff

On Aug 18, 2009, at 6:50 PM, Buchan, Janet wrote:

> Interesting ideas from everyone on this. I confirm the use of the wiki
> if you want students to be able to see each other's contributions (we
> don't have all the tools others mentioned). Our lecturers at CSU are
> finding the wiki very useful & in those courses there does not seem to
> be any tampering with others' entries.
>
> Janet Buchan
> Charles Sturt University

Jeff Ziegler - CTools Help Desk Supervisor
CTools Implementation Group
Digital Media Commons, Duderstadt Center