[Using Sakai] Student contributed assessment questions

Karen Tsao ktsao at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 14 23:35:00 PDT 2009

Hi Louis,

I think what Buchan's suggestion of setting up a site with right permission
for students should be a work around for Samigo as well. I can think of
following three ways:

1. As Buchan's mentioned, set up a site so that students can create
assessments. Let students create questions in assessments. Import the
assessments into the course site through "Import from Site". Then you can go
through the assessments and copy the questions to question pool.

2. Set up a site so that students can create assessments. Add the instructor
as a site member as well. Let students create questions in question pool.
Starting 2.6, Samigo allows site members sharing question pools. So the
instructor can get the questions created by students.

3. Set up a site so that students can create assessments. Let students
create questions in assessments. Export the assessments and send the XML
files to the instructor. Instructor can then import them into question pool.

Thanks,
Karen