[Using Sakai] Sakai Instructor Roles/Permissions

Kara Stiles kara.stiles at rsmart.com
Tue Aug 4 12:00:03 PDT 2009

When we do LDAP integrations, we usually give all authenticated users a "registered" user account type and define the perms in the !user.template.registered realm.

Occasionally we (and by "we" I mean developers here at rSmart) will map LDAP user attributes to user account types in Sakai, so that students become registered users (with NO permission to create new sites) and faculty members become maintain users (WITH permission to create new sites).

I am mostly functional (not a dev), so maybe someone else can explain how to actually do this...

Kara Stiles
Senior Functional Consultant
rSmart
http://www.rsmart.com