[Using Sakai] marking assignments & TT&S and storing in Gradebook

Vivie Sinou sinou at etudes.org
Tue Apr 14 10:30:51 PDT 2009

Adam,

>1/ can the comments from TT&S be rendered within gradebook or
>does one have to view them via TT&S?

Yes, scores from assessments in TT&S (a.k.a. Mneme) can be pushed to the
gradebook. All you need to do is check the "send to gradebook" checkbox in
the settings of the assessment and save your changes.

Grading happens in the grading views of TT&S, however - not in the
gradebook. TT&S allows you to release grades selectively (in the 'grade
submissions' view or by individual student, as you grade), or you may
release all the grades at once (from the global options). You can set how
you want this 'release' to happen in advance (for objective vs. essay tests
or assignments) under the 'settings' of the assessment.

BTW - I can upload our tutorials on the sites you and Colin are working with
(in our dev box), if you would like. The "Release" options are pretty
extensive. You might want to look at them. I'll go ahead and load the
tutorials for you. Look under Modules >> View for the instructor tutorial of
TT&S.

>As far as I can tell marks from TT&S and Assignment can be
>pushed over to Gradebook.

>2/ Is there anyways to export Gradebook marks via an adaptor
>into a SRS/SIS?

There is no export of scores from TT&S yet, but the gradebook has export to
Excel. Once your scores are pushed there, you can export them.

Best,
Vivie

--
Vivie Sinou