[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 10.4 RC01 for next week

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri Jan 30 06:39:21 PST 2015

[sakai-dev, sakai-qa, sakai-pmc]

We are scheduling a Release Candidate for Sakai 10.4 for next week. We
anticipate that the 10.4 RC01 will end up being the production tag, if we
don't find any regressions or blockers.

No more patches are being accepted for the 10.4 release. If this is an
issue please contact the Sakai core team ASAP.

Primarily we were getting out a 10.4 to address a blocker bug or two [1]
but we ended up with a couple of dozen fixes [2]. In addition to the
Announcements tool, one of the blockers fixed, there was work done in
Samigo Test and Quizzes, Roster 2, Gradebook, Forums, Assignments, Content
Review and Lessons.

As you can see, that is a lot of areas that are touched among a small
number of fixes. I am thinking we will probably want to re-verify as many
of the Jira fixes [2] as we can in 10.4-RC01 and be on the lookout for
regressions. Please let me know if you are available to help test next
week.

Among the "gems" (my opinion, YMMV) I see in the list of fixed issues
include [3] , updated Sakai Help content, removing the ability to have
extra credit items in an extra credit category in Gradebook, double
clicking problem in Forums on Chrome browser fixed, Lessons top folder in
Resources tool can be hidden by default, and allow for inclusion of
additional code in portal header via property for easy configuration with
certain tools ( this last one has been tested, needs to be merged, so not
officially "in" yet).

[1] Blockers fixed for 10.4 :
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-28955 - Announcement email sent
immediately without subject or body

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-28965 - Sakai 10.3 CAS logins
broken because of Spring Security upgrade

[2] All fixes for Sakai 10.4 -
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/issues/?filter=15270

[3] Neal's "gems" -
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/LSNBLDR-444