[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 10.2 - RC01

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri Sep 26 08:04:58 PDT 2014

Time permitting, I'm hoping to put an RC01 of Sakai 10.2 this afternoon/
early evening on qa10.longsight.com AND also resetting database for this
instance. There were some requests for people to use this machine and I've
been meaning to start it up from a fresh state for awhile.

There is a slight chance that it may not happen today if something comes
up, and with Educause next week the next opportunity might not be until
next Wednesday or Thursday. I'll send out a note later one way or another.
This is mostly notice if you need anything off that system.

I believe that the ideal would be to test this over the next few weeks and
have 10.2 out in mid October. 10.1 has enough blockers in it (5) to even
make this recommended to use, including the KNL-1290 which can prevent a
system start-up. So RC01 would be good to have out there. There is no core
team meeting next week because of Educause but seems like we should have a
good feel for this by October 9th.

List of all 10.2 currently fixed issues
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/issues/?filter=14991

There are a few more merges for today and there are also plenty more issues
that could use QA/verification if anyone has time.
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/issues/?filter=14328