[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 10.3 testing summary

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Tue Nov 18 07:28:22 PST 2014

Quick summary.

More QA volunteers would be helpful.  Please email neal.caidin at apereo.org .

We are doing two types of testing. Remember, the week of December 1 is
our planned RC01, release candidate, so not much time left for testing.
And U.S.A. Thanksgiving is next week so we expect a drop off in activity.

Jira testing - we are still testing Jiras which we want to verify before
merging into 10.x . We have 25 issues left to merge (number fluctuates
as items removed from queue and new items get fixed!) [1] .  Testing
occurs primarily on nightly trunk or experimental [2] .

Smoke testing (like Regression testing, looking to surface bugs)
We are testing on nightly 10.x branch [3] . (Also okay to test on a
local copy of 10.x if you know how to do that.)

Smoke testing focus
Out of 125 issues already merged into 10.x (soon to be 10.3), the top
components for number of fixes are:

Assignments - 35
Samigo Test and Quizzes - 17
Gradebook - 7
Site Info - 6  (mostly groups)
Content - 4

and CK Editor was updated to a new version.

Smoke Testing needs
Significant testing has been done in Assignments, Samigo, Gradebook, and
Groups, but more testing could be used in all those areas. And a good
workout of the CK Editor in various browsers would be helpful.

Please open new Jiras and relate to the parent 10.3 Jira [4] .

Details if you are interested
* I've tested the "Gradebook API" , which isn't really the API directly
but the use of the API between tools (as I understand it). So it
involves lots of testing of the Assignments tool, use of the Gradebook
and Weighting, use of Groups, and the Lessons tool calling the
Assignments tool (I think this is where the API is involved).  [5]  All
looked good.  I have not found any bugs... yet. :-) Hey, it's our job to
find bugs, don't forget that!

* S2U (Spanish Speaking Users group) is planning to test Anonymous
grading in Assignments.

* Alaa Nizar from IIHEM (Morocco) has been doing a lot of testing of
Samigo including import/export (I think?) and question pools and
question types, etc.

[1]  List of Jiras need testing (on trunk) before merge into 10.x -
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/issues/?filter=14299
[2]  Trunk and Experimental trunk respectively. Look for SVN trunk on
Oracle 11g and SVN trunk experimental build at
http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org/
[3] 10.x nightly for Smoke testing (regression) -
http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org:8081/portal
[4]  Parent Jira for new issues found -
[5] Gradebook API regression test -
https://docs.google.com/a/apereo.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmrS3XbKQ2pmdHdYVC1wR3daYnYtWDZsRlhiTmVNQXc#gid=12