[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 10.3 pre-RC testing

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Tue Nov 11 07:32:08 PST 2014

Hi all,

Sakai 10.3 pre-RC testing is going great, but that doesn't mean we couldn't
use your help, we could!

We are in the middle of testing. I am working on a Confluence page but in
the meantime, since this pre-RC (release candidate) testing is pretty
straight-forward, thought I would update you on testing status and needs
(and a google doc to jump in and help).

We need testing of Jiras that have been merged into trunk [1] and need to
be verified before going into the 10.x branch. I've created a spreadsheet
[2] .

On my spreadsheet [2], I've reflected triage I did on the issues. My triage
includes

* Guessing whether a functional QA person or a Developer is necessary to
test.
* Whether I could discern that a Test Plan exists (either in Test Plan
field, Description or Comments (worst place to put a Test Plan! get buried
within other comments too easily)
*  Whether there is a question about merging. Several different issues here
including
        - should it be targeted for 10.3 or not
        - questions if the issue looks tested but has not had the Tested
button pressed.
        - other

FYI - we just are in the middle of having a thread about Jiras that relate
to Assignments with Anonymous grading [3].

Please help test some Jiras [2].

Quick stats:
* 92 issues already merged for 10.3 ! (Thanks Earle!)
* 30 issues (approximately) in the queue for testing before being merged
* About 1/3 of the issues have "Test Plans"
* About 2/3 of the issues seem like they need a Developer (i.e. someone
with more advanced skills than an average QA tester)

[1] Nightly servers (trunk and trunk experimental can be used) -
http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org

[2] Jira list -  http://bit.ly/1wPafZ3

[3] Anonymous grading Jiras

Cheers and Thanks,