[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 10.0 update and call for QA testing

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Mon May 19 08:08:03 PDT 2014

[production, sakai-dev, sakai-qa, sakai-user, pedagogy, portfolio,
sakai-docs, accessibility, i18n]

Dear All,

Summary
Sakai 10.0-QA07 is now available and is ready for QA testing. The main
focus of QA07 is to stress test Sakai and see if we can break it!

Details about QA07

QA07 has about 150 fixes [1] . All new help documentation is included, a
verified version of OSP (portfolio site creation disabled by default in
Sakai 10 [2]), lots of testing and fixing on the Audio Recorder in
Samigo (update) and in CK Editor (new recording feature), and various
new APIs including support for pluggable and future distributed caching.

There is one existing (known) code related blocker related to the
performance around authorization synchronization which is planned to be
resolved next week [4].

There are a few release, database testing and documentation blockers are
still in progress along with merges for i18n (translations)  prior to
the first release candidate.

Details about QA testing

Please see the QA 10 hub [3] and click on (active) Sakai 10 QA07
Testing. Please test on one of the QA servers (currently
http://longsight.sakaiqa.org and http://indiana.sakaiqa.org are
available) to try and break Sakai.

How to stress test Sakai? If you are an experienced Sakai QA tester, you
likely have your own methods of testing. Please proceed with what you
know best. Sign up on the Google doc, so that we know you are testing
and check on your progress [5]. If you not as experienced testing or not
sure where to start, perhaps try one of the regression scripts or check
lists, also listed on the Google Doc [5] on the "Test Scripts" tab.
Please sign up for testing too.

If you are doing Jira testing, please test on the nightly trunk server
instead of a QA server, http://trunk.sakaiqa.org .

What's next?
With a little luck we will get the first Sakai 10.0 release candidate
(aka RC01) released sometime next week, before the conference! Getting
to an RC is a big deal because it means that we mostly have
administrative issues to complete before getting the release out as an
officially supported community release.

Thanks!
Thanks for your attention, participation and support.

Special Note to the Documentation group
You might consider testing the context sensitive help for Sakai 10!
Shiny and new. :-)

[1] Fixes incorporated in QA07 (i.e. new fixes added after QA06) -
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/issues/?filter=14572
[2] OSP portfolio site creation disabled by default in Sakai 10 -
[3] Sakai 10 QA testing hub (documentation and test plans) -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/Sakai+10+QA+hub
[4] Blocker bug - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-1250
[5] Google doc sign up testing sheet for QA07 - http://bit.ly/1mNk4RP

--