[WG: Sakai QA] Need help testing HTML 5 audio in Sakai 10

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri May 16 06:13:32 PDT 2014

[sakai-dev and sakai-qa]

Hello,

I could use help testing Sakai 10 from those who use Windows 7 and IE 11
.   In Sakai 10 we have replaced the Audio recording feature Java Applet
in Samigo with HTML 5. And we have a new Audio recording widget in the
CK Editor (a new feature!).

When I test on Windows 7 and IE 11 in a virtual environment on my Mac,
for playback I consistently get a box that shows "Invalid Source" and
does not play. Recording audio on Windows 7/ IE 11 works for me, it is
just the playback. I'm not sure if this is just something in my virtual
environment and could use more testers.

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-2316

What I would like to do is see if this is a common problem, or if it
only happens in some circumstances, and see if we can determine what
those circumstances are.

Please let me know if you can help. :-)

Thanks,
Neal