[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 10 QA testing status

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Wed Mar 19 07:38:57 PDT 2014

[ production, sakai-dev, sakai-qa, sakai-user, pedagogy, i18n,
accessibility, sakai-docs, ]

Howdy,

Thank you to everyone who has participated in Sakai 10 QA testing, from
QA01 through now!

Hopefully we are about 2.5 weeks away from our first release candidate.
It depends on if we are able to get all the blocker bugs fixed and
verified, and getting enough QA resources to cover some additional areas.

What needs testing?
-------------------------------
* We have about 40 fixes, which can get merged into the Sakai 10 branch
if we can get them tested [1]  on nightly trunk [2].

* We still need some basic testing so that every tool gets "touched" at
least once or twice. Here are some specifics:

        - WebDav - has given us problems in just about every release.
Though the version in Sakai 2.9.3 seems like it is solid, and there are
no changes AFAICT, it would be good to give it a workout.

        - Drag and Drop in Resources - this is a new feature. I believe
it only works in Chrome. Would be good to give this cool new feature a
workout.

        - The new Search tool. Try it, you'll like it!

        - Other areas which need some basic testing include: Web Content
tool, Wiki, Section Info, etc.

         - Lessons and Samigo are getting some good testing. However,
they are complex tools and we can always use more help.

         - Syllabus tool has a new interface, has had some testing, but
may also be worth your while to take a look

         - CK Editor.  Updated to a new version. Has a built in Math
Equation editor and Audio recording. This needs more of a workout. Used
throughout Sakai.

         - Anything important to your institution. If an area of Sakai
is of particular importance or high use in your institution, we strongly
recommend you test it's functionality in Sakai 10 now, so it will
prevent surprises later. :-)

[1] Verify these Jiras so we can include the fixes in Sakai 10  -
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/issues/?filter=14299

[2] Nightly trunk is at - http://trunk.sakaiqa.org . It is refreshed,
data wiped, every four hours starting at midnight Eastern time (GMT -4),
so time your testing appropriately.

[3] Current test plan -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/%28active%29+Sakai+10+QA04+Testing

[4] Adopt-a-Tool sign up - http://bit.ly/sakai10adopt