[WG: Sakai QA] Targeting April 4 for Sakai 10 RC01

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Thu Mar 6 10:17:25 PST 2014

[sakai-dev, sakai-qa, sakai-pmc]

Hey all,

At the Sakai Core team today [1 & 2] we discussed setting a target of 4
weeks from now, April 4, 2014, to produce a Sakai 10-rc01, our first
release candidate [3].

Now is the time to ramp up effort on testing and bug fixing!

Additional notes and details

[1] Sakai Core Team used to be known as the Sakai CLE Release team. It
has been renamed to align better with the name of Sakai and it's
mission. Sakai no longer uses "CLE" and the "Release team" does more
than just release Sakai. See [2] .

[2] Sakai 10 is the name of the release!  I still bump into folks who
think that Sakai CLE 2.10 is the release name, which it is not. The
"CLE" has been dropped and there is no "2." anymore :-) .  We are still
Sakai, just slightly renamed.

[3] April 4, 2014 is a target date, it is contingent on all blocker bugs
and any other blocker issues being cleared up by that time, including
any new ones found between now and then.

Cheers,
Neal

--
Neal Caidin