[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 10.0 status

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Tue Jun 10 11:05:32 PDT 2014

[sakai-dev, sakai-qa, production, sakai-user, pedagogy, portfolio, i18n,
accessibility]

Hi all,

We are getting close to the release of Sakai 10.0 .  My guess is that we
will be ready within a week or two for the Sakai 10.0 GA (general
availability, aka production release). We do have one "blocker" issue
which we hope to clean up within a day or two and then we will get out
our second release candidate - RC02 . Documentation is nearly complete,
the best I can discern (and will check with the Sakai Core team to be
sure).  We may need some additional QA for the final "smoke test".
Please stay tuned for that and if you have availability to help please
let me know. More details on status are likely later this week.

If you want to take a sneak peak at Sakai 10 there are release notes and
presentations a plenty.

Release notes -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=86245732

Blog post on what's new - http://www.unicon.net/sakai10-whatsnew

 From the conference, many presentations on Sakai were captured with
Slide shows and video - http://lanyrd.com/2014/apereo/

for example - http://lanyrd.com/2014/apereo/sczzzg/  - Neal's Sakai 10
presentation ; http://lanyrd.com/2014/apereo/sdbbbh/ - Sakai Core team
update ; and many many more. I encourage you to peruse.

Thanks,
Neal

--
Neal Caidin