[WG: Sakai QA] [Building Sakai] Proposed Schedule for Sakai 10.1

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri Jul 11 11:50:20 PDT 2014

Hi Alaa,

It looks to me like additional discussion is needed on SAK-26158?

SAK-26624 is a new feature request, as you know. I really cannot say if
it will get into 10.1 since I don't know to whom it is a priority and
has bandwidth to work on it.

Kind of the way the community primarily works is a "do-ocracy". If
institutions apply people/resources to an issue then it gets done. If
there is not enough of a priority to make that work then it doesn't
happen. Sometimes institutions work through their commercial affiliates
to express their priorities and there are various other options on that
theme, including new explorations from the Sakai institutional interest
group (SIIG).

I'm not sure how familiar you are with how community source works but
that is kind of it. Folks vote with their voices (like you are doing),
their actions (commenting on Jiras, supplying patches, QA testing) and
their resources (devoting programmers or money to fix issues).

So you are doing a good first step by making your needs known and
participating. I just cannot make any guarantees since Sakai doesn't
have a development staff, as I think you know. I would love to boss AZ
around, but not in the cards right now, LOL.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
Neal