[WG: Sakai QA] [Building Sakai] SAKAI 10

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Wed Feb 19 11:23:00 PST 2014

Hi Igor!

Lots of great questions!  I wonder if breaking them into separate email
threads would help? Not sure.

I'll try addressing a few and we will see where the conversation goes.

#1. I wonder if this could be related to the Roster tool being
deprecated for the Roster 2 tool? In that case you might need to redo
those translations. Just a guess.

#2 What version had a print in Test and Quizzes? Maybe you can print
from your browser to get what you need? I'm not clear if this is a bug
or a new feature request.

#3 Do you mean Extra Credit in the Gradebook? I haven't tested this
yet,  but how I would expect this to work is only to add positively to a
student's grade and not negatively. For example, let's say that the only
items for a class are one assignment and one Extra Credit item. Then if
two students both have a grade of 89 on the assignment (by random
coincidence ;-) ) and one does the extra credit and earns 10 points and
the other student does not do the extra credit, then one student would
end up with a 99 and the other would still be an 89. The concept of
extra credit is extra work for a class that is not required, but if you
do it, you will get some points for it. Please note: I have not yet
tested this feature so I'm not entirely sure of the expected behavior.
This is just how I imagine it would work.

#4 You have to add a Short Description into Site Info and then it should
work. I'm pretty sure I have tested this feature on our QA servers and
it works fine.

#5 Not sure off the top of my head, maybe somebody else knows?

#6 This Jira might be of interest to you -

#7 Not sure.

#8 Yikes! This could be a blocker issue for Sakai 10. Did you try and
reproduce on either trunk or the new nightly 10.x server (which did not
exist when you sent this email so how could you?! :-) ) ? If this
continues to be a problem, please open a Jira ticket.

Thanks,
Neal Caidin
Sakai Community Coordinator