[WG: Sakai QA] Important Sakai 11 and Github information

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Thu Dec 18 09:58:09 PST 2014

[sakai-dev, sakai-qa]

As you may know, we have been discussing the move to Github for a long
time. Now it's here! As Dr. Chuck has mentioned we are also making progress
on Morpheus. So the current plan is:

Monday, December 22 - turn Morpheus on by default on trunk.  This will help
assess next steps and timelines, including when we will be doing our big QA
testing push in early 2015.  (We will need lots of QA testers for a really
intensive couple of days. Plan to set aside at least a few hours or whole
day if you can spare).

Monday, December 29 - Trunk will be set to read-only for SVN. Github will
be turned on for Sakai trunk (it will be called "Sakai" in Github) .  We
will try this out for a day or two and see if it looks like it is working.
If it is not working, we may switch back to SVN. If it is working, we will
start working off of Git instead of SVN.  Branches and Contribs will remain
in SVN , including 2.9 and 10 branches.  Really we are targeting Sakai 11
and forward for Github. SVN will be sticking around for a long time, so
don't worry, all the work and history will stick around.

Tuesday, December 30 - tentatively we will do a check-in Sakai Core team
meeting to touch base, especially on Github move (but possibly on other
items, as needed).

Morpheus and Github are not linked explicitly, these are just dates when we
are trying these functions to help keep the momentum going and as inputs to
near term planning dates.

Be on the lookout for more reminders and details.

Questions?

Cheers and Happy Holidays!  No meeting next two Thursdays but due to all
the work going on, we might have quick check-ins like the one mentioned for
December 30.

On behalf of the Sakai Core team, Git/Github workers union, Morpheus
"occupy Sakai" movement

;-)