[WG: Sakai QA] QA testing on Sakai 10.3

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Mon Dec 8 06:59:16 PST 2014

Hi All,

*Status*
We've had a lot of testing on the Assignments tool (at least quantity, not
sure how much it all overlaps), a significant amount on the Samigo Test and
Quizzes tool and Gradebook. Some testing has been done on Content
(Resources), and WebDav (which appears to be working. how can that be?! ;-)
).

Also, I noticed a number of Jiras have been tested in the 10.x branch,
especially by the S2U group (Spanish Speaking Users group). Thanks S2U!
That is a great way to test that a patch that was added in trunk is
functioning properly after being merged into the 10.x branch.

I am not aware of any blockers for the release.

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-27957 depends on

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/RSF-10 , which has not been fixed yet
and probably should not hold up 10.3

I don't see any blocker issues linked to the parent Jira for QA testing:

*RC01*
Release candidate 01 has not been cut yet. We have been testing against the
10.x branch (mostly using the 10.x nightly server) [1].

We have frozen the 10.x merging. Only blocker-level issues should be
considered and should be raised to the Sakai core team for consideration.

*Thanks*
To the following folks for doing QA testing (if I miss anyone I apologize,
please let me know). Not in any particular order:

S2U group (a consortium of Spanish speaking institutions)
Western University
International Institute for Higher Education in Morocco
UNC-Chapel Hill
Longsight

And thanks to Earle from ANI for a being a merging madman!

*Additional Testing*

Basically smoke testing:

* Adopt-a-tool style

* Smoke testing - consult with Neal

* probably Lessons could use a little testing, especially with conditional
release.

or
Testing fixed issues in the 10.x branch
            * 1 out of 7 , about 14%, of issues have been retested in the
10.x branch. This helps prevent regressions and ensure that fixes work
correctly for the release.
             * We are using the label "10xtested"  to indicate a fixed JIra
you have tested in 10.x
             * Please look at the Jira filter [2], pick an issue that does
not have the 10xtested label, test, and add label if successful.

All links available at Test Plan [3]
New issues should be linked to the parent Sakai 10.3 QA Jira [4].

[1] 10.x nightly server - http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org:8081/portal

[2] List of fixed Jiras - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/issues/?filter=15016

[3] Test Plan -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/%28active%29+Sakai+10.3+Smoke+Testing