[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 10.1 released!

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri Aug 22 11:01:02 PDT 2014

[Sakai lists]

Good afternoon, evening, and morning Community,

On behalf of the Sakai Core team and volunteers from around the globe, I
am happy to announce the release of Sakai 10.1.

Sakai 10.1 builds on the awesome work of the Sakai 10.0 release. Sakai
10.1 includes almost 200 fixes and improvements. Some of the highlights
include:

  * Elastic Search upgrade from 0.9.0 to 1.1.2 and removal of legacy Search
  * IMS Common Cartridge 1.3 support within Lessons. This makes IMS CC
    in Sakai capable of exchanging data with Moodle, Blackboard, and Canvas.
  * Security - over a dozen security fixes.
  * Translations and i18n - A number of updates to French and Chinese
    translations and about 1 1/2 dozen internationalization fixes
    including full i18n support in the Peer review feature of Lessons.
  * Accessibility - about a dozen Accessibility fixes.
  * Assignments - Improved handling of deleted groups in the Assignments
    tool. Basic validation to Single Uploaded File option to prevent
    students submitting an empty assignment.
  * Forums - Performance improvement in Forums. Significant fixes to
    Forum Rank feature
  * Gradebook row highlighting, for easier grading.
  * Online Help - ability to remove an entire help category (like OSP).

Release notes and download information available at:
Notes -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+10+Release+Notes
Download information - http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.1/

Our public website also updated: