[WG: Sakai QA] Blockers gone - Sakai 10.1-RC01 testing can start

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Wed Aug 13 07:45:02 PDT 2014

[sakai-dev and sakai-qa]

Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce that we have gotten through all the blockers for
Sakai 10.1 !  Most likely an RC01 will get cut for later today.

If you would like to start testing, I have a version 1 of the Test Plan
available [1], though you would have to test on 10.x nightly [2] until
RC01 is ready. They will be 99% of the same thing, except for the Forums
tool [3], which you will either have to wait for RC01 to test or test
locally using MySql (or Oracle).

We need to turn around this testing as quickly as possible. All the Jira
fixes have been well tested before being merged into the 10.x branch, so
we need to focus on testing as a whole, a combination of "smoke testing"
(overall looking for regressions) and some specific tool areas (Roster,
Samigo, Lessons, Forums), plus maybe re-verifying a Jira or two.

I will hold a QA check-in/ real time test fest this Friday at 11 am
Eastern/ 8 am Pacific/ 3 pm GMT [4].

[1] Sakai 10.1 Test Plan -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/%28active%29+Sakai+10.1+RC01+Testing

[2] 10.x nightly can be used for testing until RC01 is available -
http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org:8081/portal

[3] Forums tool does not appear to be working with HSQLDB (this is why
it cannot be tested on the 10.x nightly) -

[4] 10.1 Test Fest - Friday, August 15, 11 am Eastern, Adobe Connect -
https://apereo.adobeconnect.com/sakai

Thanks!
Neal

--