[WG: Sakai QA] Discussion for 2.10 and beyond

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri Sep 13 04:56:13 PDT 2013

[sakai-qa and sakai-dev]

Based on discussions with the CLE release team and the TCC here is what I think is happening.

* Planning for the next two major releases of Sakai is being discussed.
* The first major release is to take advantage of all the great work that is already in Trunk and get it in shape to ship out as soon as possible (sometime in 2014). This release does not yet have a name, so for now we are referring to it as Sakai 2.10 or just "Trunk".
* The second major release has even less of a name than the Sakai 2.10 (okay, sorry, that doesn't even make sense ;-) ). This release seems to be about bigger picture thinking for Sakai's direction.

For Sakai 2.10/trunk, we would like to have the scope defined in the next couple of weeks, so if you have ideas for what should get in to this release, now would be a good time to bring it up, bearing in mind that it would need to be a feature which could be realistically completed in the next couple of months.

Thanks,
Neal

Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator