[WG: Sakai QA] QA server needs?

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Thu Oct 31 12:52:00 PDT 2013

[dev, qa and cle release team]

Hi All,

Pretty soon I expect you will see new developments on naming of the next release of Sakai (fwiw -  there seems to be significant momentum towards calling it Sakai 10) and an updated timeline and strategy for managing the release. Based on my view of things, I believe we can start organizing our testing process very soon, if not immediately, by focusing on parts of Sakai 10 which are likely to remain relatively stable over the next several months.

Therefore, I plan on seeing if we can convert over one of the servers to grab a current version of Trunk so that we will have a stable platform on which to test. I think we probably should keep around at least one Sakai 2.9.3 QA server, and we will continue to have the 2.9.x nightly server. The 2.9 QA servers could play an important role in helping us validate if an issue is new to Sakai 10 or exists in Sakai 2.9.

Does that seem okay? Anybody depending on the community QA servers for anything we should know about (so we don’t accidentally disrupt your work as QA servers get updated or shuffled around)?

Thanks,
Neal

Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator