[WG: Sakai QA] request for help QAing Lessons for 2.9.3

Hedrick Charles hedrick at rutgers.edu
Tue Jun 25 07:47:28 PDT 2013

I'll continue to test odd combinations.

Of course if this proves to be a problem, a site can disable HTML5 or limit it to certain MIME types in sakai.properties. Without HTML5, they get the old code, with some bug fixes. So if there are unexpected browser problems it's easy enough to back out of the HTML5.

The strategy used by Lessons is controllable in sakai.properties.

If the mime type matches a list, we try HTML5.
Next if it matches another list, we try the Flash player
Finally, we just put out <OBJECT> (<EMBED> for IE) and let the browser figure out what to do.

So sites can adjust the lists if they're having issues or want to handle MIME types I haven't tested.