[WG: Sakai QA] No RC01 yet - Re: Status of CLE 2.9.3

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Tue Jul 23 05:36:15 PDT 2013

Hi All,

We thought we were close to an RC01 (or at least I did!) a couple of weeks ago, but that turned out to be a bad guess. There has been diligent work and testing and review of the issue. It seems like when it gets close to being fixed ( https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-23733 ), something else related to the problem (directly or indirectly) is found that needs fixing or review.  This issue involves the gradebook and it is worth the time to get it right, please be patient. I'm cautiously optimistic that the gradebook issues will be cleared up this week and we can move forward.

Also, please consider helping test when RC01 is released. We have been working on some Test scripts (for humans, not computers) to help with testing the gradebook. Hopefully the scripts will be in shape for you to use and help us make sure the Gradebook is solid for CLE 2.9.3 .

Regards,

Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
Apereo Foundation