[WG: Sakai QA] Status of 2.9.1-rc02 testing

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Wed Jan 30 18:05:12 PST 2013

Hi All,

Summary
-------------------
I am not hearing any concerns from the Security WG and we are making great progress but not sure if we are quite ready to move forward with the release.  We might need a little more coordination/testing.  Specifically, if we can get the two blocker bugs that were fixed from 2.9.1-rc01 re-tested in 2.9.1-rc02, and if we can clear up the mystery of why 2 of 3 testers failed grading on Assignments, then I would ask the CLE team if they would be ready to make a recommendation to release 2.9.1 to GA (general availability).

Details
-----------------

Test Fest google doc - http://bit.ly/WrOxYU

Two blocker bugs which would be good to retest for validation in 2.9.1-rc02 (and record on Test Fest google doc)

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/MSGCNTR-772

Clear up the mystery of why 2 of 3 testers failed a task on the Test Fest google doc under "SR-Assignments" . There is a comment "More marks can be allocated than the maximum in IE 9 and also in Firefox 18.0.1", but I don't see a Jira related to this. If we had steps to replicate, that could help a great deal. It doesn't sound like a blocker, but it would be good to know for sure.

Whoever could step in to either test and/or coordinate these final issues, it would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org