[WG: Sakai QA] [sakai-docs] Help Tool on My Workspace

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Dec 11 08:04:03 PST 2013

Yea, these are all based on tool id. I wouldn't really consider this an
issue since help for everything is changing, and the export will match up
tool ids with entirely new help documents. I also agree for some having
this help doesn't really make sense at all and the tool registration
configuration can turn this off.

Though as far as unique tool id's

On 2.8.x these are the tools placed on Home:

*sakai.motd   sakai.synoptic.messagecenter   sakai.synoptic.announcement
sakai.summary.calendar   sakai.iframe.myworkspace   *
On trunk these are the tools placed on Home:

*sakai.motd   sakai.iframe.myworkspace   sakai.summary.calendar
sakai.synoptic.announcement   sakai.synoptic.messagecenter  *

So it looks like they already are unique. It's possible some old template
might have a few with the wrong ids, but help matches up tool id
registration->help. We could add more, but changing would require a
conversion, so that's not something I'd consider at this point until Sakai
11.