[WG: Sakai QA] Almost ready for a Sakai 10 Bug Bash / Test Fest?

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Mon Dec 2 10:56:25 PST 2013

[dev, qa, cle release team]

Hi all,

Feedback appreciated.

I think it is time to schedule our first Sakai 10  bug bash (or test fest) within the next two weeks,  either the week of December 9 or the week of December 16.

I believe only the following two bugs are blockers for a test fest?:

Are there any other blocker bugs that need to be resolved before we should cut our first QA release off trunk?

Is there a difference between a bug bash and a test fest or are they more or less the same?

My assumption is that having some synchronous testing time is valuable, so I will schedule some Adobe Connect times to be available. I’m on U.S.A east coast (GMT -5 ) but happy to schedule sessions at times convenient for other time zones, if there is some critical mass available in your time zone. By “critical mass” , I mean at least 2 or 3 testers who will block out some time to test. In my experience a handful of dedicated testers can do quite a bit of damage ;-).

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Neal

Neal Caidin