[WG: Sakai QA] I am putting up a BB Sakai QA server for 2.9

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri Apr 19 06:32:12 PDT 2013

This page was last updated 5 years ago, and I don't even remember if I was
able to get those instructions working right back when I set up QA servers
then. There was a time when it was more organized, now it's basically you
get a binary (or demo) of a release or RC, start it up with the demo
options in the shell script here:
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/reference/trunk/demo/

And that's about it. Ideally you'll set it up to use a real database (Mysql
or Oracle) and possibly put a proxy in front so it's not on port 8080. None
of those other instructions seem really relevant and all of the files are
either way outdated or probably can't be found.

Back in 2008, Seth, Megan and myself actually had a good amount of time to
be invested in QA. At the moment, it's mostly just myself and Chuck Hedrick
that keep any manual QA server updated. The nightly are all automated, just
based off the .x branch.

I don't have a binary or demo yet for RC01, so you'd be rolling 2.9.1 if
you did it before that was released.