[WG: Sakai QA] Help testing Forums tool?

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Fri Sep 14 07:24:37 PDT 2012

Hi All,

Does anybody have time to help test this Jira?

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/MSGCNTR-683

There really is not a practical way to test this fix with QA testing, but we can at least perform a "sanity check" to see if the forums tool can handle several users posting over a number of forums. As far as help, all I would need is 2 or 3 other people posting random messages after I've set up the topics. Since we need to test on the trunk server and it is refreshed every 4 hours (noon, 4 pm, 8 pm, etc GMT - actually EDT, but since that is currently GMT -4, it is equivalent to GMT) we just need to make sure that we complete the testing within a four hour window. This could easily be tested across time zones.

Thanks,

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org