[WG: Sakai QA] Detailed Instructions for Test Fest

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Tue Sep 11 09:04:05 PDT 2012

Test Fest - Wednesday, Sept 12 at 9 am - 12 pm EDT (1 pm - 4 pm GMT).

Test Fest sign up and documentation (work in progress, but close enough to sign up and start reviewing) - http://bit.ly/sept2012testfest

Communication, courtesy of Unicon, Log on as guest tomorrow -  http://unicon.adobeconnect.com/sakai-community/

Test your connection ahead of time, today would be good : http://unicon.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm

Get a quick overview of Adobe Connect: http://www.adobe.com/go/connectpro_overview

SIGN UP TODAY - no need to wait. Sign up today at http://bit.ly/sept2012testfest .  Please sign up on the Tester Info page so we have your contact information, in case follow up is needed. Also sign up for Jiras or Regression tests today, even if you don't plan to start until tomorrow.

IMPORTANT general testing notes: For tomorrow's testing, make sure to only use "Y" for success and "N" for failure in the appropriate column. Not case sensitive. Make sure to include the server URL on which you have tested.

Jira Testing (bug fixes) - the server to use is http://trunk.sakaiqa.org  . Please note that this is wiped out every 4 hours, starting at midnight, and takes about 20 minutes. In this case, Eastern Daylight and GMT are equivalent because of -4 hour time difference, matching frequency of wipe out. Plan your Jira testing accordingly.

Regression testing (2.9.0-b07 [beta 07]) - can be on http://qa29.sakaiqa.org (Longsight), http://qa29-2.sakaiqa.org (Rutgers), http://qa29-3.sakaiqa.org (Indiana) . While they all have the same version of the Sakai software, they may use different databases, so mixing up the testing could be a good thing, just remember to record which server you test on. The 2.9.0-b07 servers are not automatically refreshed so no worries there.

EXTRA for Jira testing - By tomorrow, I hope to have the Jira tickets color coded with Yellow meaning that testing is not needed and Green meaning that an expert tester is needed for review. Please pick tools for which you are familiar when doing Jira testing. [ No color coding on there yet. Work in progress :-)]

EXTRA for Regression - we have test scripts for some tools and functions but not all the areas we want tested. We will provide Google docs even for tools without scripts, and they still need to be filled in whether the test passed or not, and which server. Please document specifically what you tested.

FAIL - for testing that fails, please create a sub-ticket as a child of https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-22557  . Instructions are on the Test Fest documentation - http://bit.ly/sept2012testfest  . This applies for both Jira testing and Regression testing. It gives us a chance to review everything that has been reported before updating tickets. No special permissions are needed to create a sub-ticket, just a Jira account.

Thanks,
Neal

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator