[WG: Sakai QA] FAQ on Sakai CLE testing

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Thu Oct 25 06:43:25 PDT 2012

[QA and Dev lists]

Hi All,

Reminder of testing this week on Release Candidate 02, through Friday.

CC'ing dev list in case I am stating anything incorrectly, especially with respect to Q2.

Q1) When I try to add a sub-task to https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-22789  , I cannot find the relevant component, for example Message Center (aka Forums). What should I put in the component area?
A1) Just use the "Global" component.  Message Center is not a component under SAK because it is a separate project in Jira (MSGCNTR).  Other projects include Profile2, Lessons, Polls, Sitestats and a few more.  We've made a separate top level ticket for Test and Quizzes (Samigo) which is https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-1991

Q2) I see a feature on the nightly server when I test, but I didn't realize this was a feature for 2.9. Is it? Where is it documented?
A2) There are multiple "nightly servers", so the answer is that it depends.  One of the servers is the trunk server, http://trunk.sakaiqa.org, which is an alias for http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org:8082/portal . This server contains the very latest code modifications added to Sakai CLE, including features and fixes that may not be in 2.9.  Try one of the 2.9 servers, currently on RC02 is http://qa29.sakaiqa.org and http://qa29-3.sakaiqa.org, aliases which redirect you to the actual server name).  http://qa29-2.sakaiqa.org is currently on RC01, so it is not far behind, and probably will be updated soon.

Q3) What should I test?
A3) For RC02 we've had great testing in Jira, we need a bit more focus on Tool testing and overall Regression. We are having folks testing (or have tested) already in Assignments, Chat Room, Forums, Lessons, Messages, Roster, and Schedule tool.  We could probably use more attention on the CK Editor, Profile tool (Profile 2), Samigo Test and Quizzes, and the My Workspace area (including Preferences, Site management, *Synoptic views, etc.)

* Synoptic views are the "synopsis" of all the messages across sites for Calendar, Announcements, and Message Center

Instructions for Testing - http://bit.ly/rc02testfest

Information (somewhat redundant with Instructions for testing) also at https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/2.9+Test+Fest

Cheers,

Neal Caidin