[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai CLE 2.9.0 - status

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Fri Oct 12 12:07:22 PDT 2012

[x-posted to several lists]

Hi all,

Our target date for the Sakai 2.9.0 release is late October/early November.

A number of you have been following the progress of the release efforts for 2.9.0 and it seems like a good time to make sure everybody is aware that this release should be available within a matter of weeks. Our target is late October/ early November and we have a reasonably good chance of achieving this date. Currently we have deployed and tested our first release candidate, Sakai CLE 2.9.0-rc01, and our second release candidate should be built by next week (probably available by Wednesday), 2.9.0-rc02. Typically it takes 3 or 4 release candidates before a release is considered released for GA, general availability. Rutgers has been using Sakai CLE 2.9.0 based on the beta 02 version of the release successfully, under load, for a number of weeks now (Thanks Rutgers!!!), and we have a very small number of "blockers", so we have good indicators that this release is almost ready. Blockers are bugs that the community has determined must be fixed before the software is released.

Most of you know, but for those who don't, please remember that this is a volunteer community of people who design the features, develop the software, test the software, check for accessibility, security and internationalization, update help files and documentation, and answer each others' questions. They deserve our thanks and appreciation. Thanks community!

I'll provide another update in a week or two to keep everybody posted.

Sincerely,

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org