[WG: Sakai QA] [cle-release-team] [sakai2-tcc] Status of 2.9.1 RC01 as of Friday, 30 Nov

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Fri Nov 30 14:09:32 PST 2012

I've just made some more comments on SAK-22978. If we want to pull the eject lever for 2.9.1 (disable the view filtering, reinserting bug captured by SAK-19668), there are two reasonable ways to do this. Reverting code across modules now is not one of them.

1) The most friendly to those who would want to enable enforcing all group membership in the view:
	Add a property defaulting to false and only execute the block added to ViewByStudentBean if it is set to true.
	Inform the community of the property name and how to set it for either desire.

2) Marginally less friendly but would avoid another temporary property:
	Comment out the beans in Assignments and Samigo.
	Inform the community of the files affected and how to enable each provider.

There is a case to be made for each of these. The property is a bit easier to document but less flexible. The XML change is slightly more complicated, but would allow for tools to be included/excluded from the filtering individually. Both would get to the same place off all-off-by-default.

Thanks,
-Noah